Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 13 Nov 2019
Closes 13 Dec 2019
Junkee Media, Australia’s leading youth publisher is on the hunt for a full-time travel editor to join its editorial team and to take AWOL — Australia’s leading youth travel website – to the next level as it enters an exciting new phase.
AWOL inspires Aussies to travel the world. The AWOL Editor is ultimately responsible for writing daily news and features while managing an in-house team of enthusiastic full-time and freelance contributors in commissioning features and editing, while also overseeing the title’s social media and video output.
The ideal candidate will be a super fast writer, well-versed in standard editorial operations and have a sophisticated understanding of the digital publishing ecosystem and native content. You’ll be social media savvy and know how to get your content seen as widely as possible.
Above all you’ll write original content that stands out from the crowd and have a real passion for engaging and award-winning storytelling.
- Source, write and commission timely, accurate and inspiring travel content in the AWOL tone of voice
- Work in partnership with AWOL account team to oversee social video output
- Commission, sub-edit, proof and publish content via the AWOL CMS
- Set and execute functional content calendars
- Manage an in-house staff writer and team of freelance contributors
- Social pushes and image selection
- Represent AWOL at all levels
- Editorial reporting and budget tracking
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication, Arts or English
- At least three years’ working in a travel editor position or similar
- Portfolio of published work with demonstrated ability to amplify content across social media
- Experience managing people, time and budgets
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Mac operation
- Passion for and interest in local and international travel, new technologies and communications platforms
- The drive to grow AWOL into Australia’s biggest travel site
- An understanding of, and alignment with, Junkee Media’s Vision, Purpose and Core Values
Think you’ve got what it takes to be the next AWOL Editor? Apply here
Please note, due to the high volume of applications Junkee Media receives only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- Contact Name: Diana
- Contact Email: [email protected]