Associate Video Producer
Posted 26 Nov 2021
Closes 26 Dec 2021
Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, Nine Radio, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and Drive.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
Here at Nine, we are looking for a skilled and passionate Associate Video Producer to join our team.
This role would be ideal for you if you have recently completed an arts degree in digital, video or media or have a few years of experience in digital video. We are looking for someone passionate about the future of digital. We need you to be digital savvy and take pride in your work.
You will be responsible for editing and uploading short videos for our exciting online video platform. We have a diverse range of skills within the team including some industry experts, so we pride ourselves on our training and personal development and hope that you will take this opportunity to grow your career.
Day to day you will:
- Be accountable for capturing and editing short form videos in a timely and professional manner
- Edit videos to a high standard using Premiere Pro and AVID
- Source news video content appropriate for a http://nine.com.au audience
- Write clear, accurate copy for video descriptions
- Troubleshoot technical issues and deal successfully with changing priorities
- Use a VMS to publish video online
- Edit photos/images to specs required for http://nine.com.au and social
- Adhere to fair-dealing and copyright and intellectual property guidelines
- Understand video codecs and encoding processes
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
In order to be successful for this role, you will ideally have:
- A degree/certificate in a relevant course or proven 1-2 years experience in digital video
- Experience using Adobe Premiere Pro or similar editing software would be advantageous
- Experience encoding and publishing video for online and social platforms
- Intermediate PC or Mac skills
- Experience working in a digital news or lifestyle environment is a plus
- Good communication skills and work well in a team
- The ability to work flexible hours, which may include weekends or nights depending on editorial requirements
What you’ll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion.
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Contact Name: Jasmine Naidoo
- Contact Email: email@example.com