Associate Product Manager
Posted 16 Apr 2021
Closes 16 May 2021
Hi, we’re Eva! And we’re here to help fill your home with beautiful, functional, and affordable furniture. With our laser focus on design, marketing and customer-centricity, we want you to jump on board as we accelerate towards becoming Australia’s leading digital furniture company. More information about us can be found on our Careers page.
Overview of the role
As the second member of the product management team, you’ll be part of driving and defining change by assisting our Product Manager.
This role involves developing and launching incredible customer experiences, both through our game-changing furniture products and digital experience in a fast-paced and growing business, changing up the ‘status quo’ for retail.
We’re launching a bunch of new products in 2021 and we’re in need of someone who’s an ‘all hands on deck’, ‘what does the data say’, ‘let me just Google that’ kinda person to join us. A mindset primed towards constant learning is huge here, and if you’ve got it, you’ll fit right in!
About the actual work? To be honest, no two days are the same here. We’re a team of high-performing and multi-talented people striving to do better than the day before. In a space like e-commerce, while it might seem like a million projects are going on at once, the passion for the work and the people you get to work with is what makes it all worthwhile. We smash goals, test non-stop, and learn quickly. And we constantly get better.
Sounds fun, right?
We’re also incredibly fortunate to have everything in-house. This means that you could potentially be sitting next to our Head of Product Design who created our Timber Bed Frame, or behind our Customer Service Rep who’ll give you live, real-time feedback about what customers are saying. Customer-centricity is at our core, and we value customer feedback almost as much as we value our metrics here.
And the people? I mean, we (somehow) got to the Aus Open this year after about what seems like a million attempts to buy tickets. If anyone knows how traumatic purchasing a large number of tickets from Ticketmaster is, you’ll know how much we value our team culture to do it.
So you’ve made it this far into reading the job ad, thank you. Here’s the more orthodox outline of your key responsibilities below. Have a squiz!
- Collaborating and communicating with different departments across the business to develop and launch new products and ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Leading the charge on getting products to market quickly and successfully.
- You’ll assist in the product management process from the ideation and research stages through release, feedback, and iteration for features and products.
- Most of the time you will be researching, brainstorming, and validating new products or features.
- Over time you’ll take ownership of and manage products from the ground up
- Collaboration will be key to your success and you’ll regularly guide discussions, provide insights and recommendations, and constantly seek to understand the needs of our customers.
If you worked here this past month here are some things you might have been involved in:
- Working closely with the marketing team to lead research for new retail products.
- Preparing new product and launch briefs for different departments.
- Supporting the product development phase by being the product team’s key point of contact superstar, putting out fires, and pushing past roadblocks to get our products from concept to launch.
- Monitoring and updating timelines, working cross-functionally to make sure everyone knows where they need to be and when things need to be done.
- Working closely with the marketing and customer support team post-launch to gather feedback and turn this into actionable insights to ensure our products achieve market fit.
- Leading our overall go-to-market strategy for a product launch
- Deciding things like where to ship new product ranges
- Working closely with our Product Manager, to help evolve our product strategy to make sure that we are three steps ahead in our vision to become Australia’s leading digital furniture company!
- Leading our exciting new user-testing project to inform current and future products.
- Have experience in digital, marketing, customer-facing, or business analyst roles in a SAAS or consumer goods business.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders.
- Confidence in driving results from your peers while leveraging stacks of empathy every step of the way.
- Organisational skills that would make Marie Kondo jealous.
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly.
- Passionate about creating moments that make people smile.
- You’re data and metrics-driven, you’re naturally inquisitive about what the insights tell us and use this to inform decisions.
- Can tackle problems head-on — no problem is too big to solve!
Massive bonus if you…
- Find yourself naturally building relationships with the barista at your local coffee shop.
- Have a knack for balancing the need to work efficiently while knowing when to slow down and dive into the detail.
Eva believes in the power of a diverse team and are fully committed to building and maintaining an inclusive culture. We encourage applicants from all walks of life.
- A chance to grow with a rapidly expanding startup.
- A role that is as adaptable as you are.
- Support for any course, conference, or training that will help us mutually grow.
- Ears and budget for any wild (but justifiable) idea.
- An autonomous work environment where there is never a regular ‘day’s work’.
- All the coffee/ tea/ beers/ kombucha you need.
- Free anniversary mattress and friend/family discounts
- A diverse culture and a bunch of lovely people (our prev events have included the Australian Open, Spanish cooking classes, and escape rooms). We’re also a fan of trivia.
If you’re up for the challenge, send through your application – because we already can’t wait to meet you.
Jason from Eva
- Contact Name: EVA
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org