Posted 14 Aug 2019
Closes 13 Sep 2019
Habit is a leading music marketing agency with a focus on delivering big results in publicity, radio, and digital.
At Habit, we’ve worked with a range of artists and events, including: Gang of Youths, The Strokes, Clea, Sweater Curse, Middle Kids, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, DZ Deathrays, Emma Louise, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, The Kooks, Maroochy Music & Vis Arts Festival and many more.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and passionate individual to join our team as a part-time A&R Executive.
Ideally this role will be based in our Brisbane office, however for the right candidate we would consider working remotely.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing and listening to new music suitable for the Habit roster.
- Contacting and communicating with potential new clients such as bands, artist management and record labels.
- Conducting phone and face to face meetings with potential new clients.
- Maintaining a database and contacts.
- Preparing sales proposals.
Our ideal candidate
- Proven taste in good music that is aligned with the Habit roster.
- Previous sales experience highly desirable.
- Confident in approaching and communicating with potential new clients.
- Sound knowledge of the music industry, especially new music marketing, tour and album marketing is preferred.
- Existing relationships with music industry highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but also autonomously and without supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, preferably on Mac.
- Goal orientated and highly motivated to succeed.
- A passion and love for music and working in the music industry.
- Active participant in the local music scene a plus.
- Must love dogs.
This role is part-time, with a minimum of 2 days per week with the expectation this will increase as our business continues to grow.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your CV with the subject A&R Executive, a short cover letter, and your 3 favourite Australian music releases of 2019 to: [email protected]
Applications close Wednesday 21st August 2019.