Posted 16 Apr 2019
Closes 22 Apr 2019
Hachette Australia is one of Australia’s most successful local publishers and distributors of huge international brand authors, including JK Rowling and Stephen King, as well as Pulitzer and Booker Prize winners.
We are looking for a highly motivated Administration Assistant to support our busy Sydney office, working closely with the Office Administrator to deliver administrative support to various departments. This position will be based at front of house.
Candidates will need to be highly organised, deadline driven and able to manage a range of priorities across multiple high-functioning teams.
This is an exciting role that offers variety – no two days will be the same. This opportunity will suit you perfectly if you are proactive, energetic and keen to hit the ground running in your next role.
- Manage all front-of-house duties, including welcoming guests, answering incoming calls, and assisting with external enquiries.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail, including booking couriers and completing data entry in the Australia Post online business portal.
- Assist with formatting documents, updating Excel spreadsheets, and printing and binding.
- Coordinate meeting room bookings and assist with internal events.
- Work closely with the Office Administrator to deliver administrative support to Sales, Product, Marketing and Publicity, and to maintain shared spaces.
- Other ad hoc duties that may arise whilst supporting the business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ideally you will have 2-3 years’ experience in a similar hybrid administrative role.
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a willingness to take on any task.
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to work confidently on multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently and problem solve.
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and reliable individual capable of working autonomously.
If you are interested in working in a creative environment with an amazing culture and fantastic Sydney CBD location, please submit your cover letter and résumé to [email protected]
Applications for this position close COB Monday, 22nd April 2019.
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.