We are a global agency. With an international team of over 700 and offices in London, New York, Paris, Milan, Munich, Berlin, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing and Sydney, our mission is to put social thinking at the heart of marketing working with brand including Netflix, Samsung, NRL, Destination Canada, TAL, Activision, Yellow Tail and Lavazza.
We’re focused on creating ideas powered by people, not platforms – a formula that’s proven very successful over the last ten years.
What does an Account Manager at We Are Social do?
The Account Manager at We Are Social is the first level of management within the Client Services team with responsibilities to deliver across our core service areas: Consultancy, Research and Insight & Engagement.
As an Account Manager, we look to you to proactively support your Senior Account Director to manage your team to deliver the best solutions that We Are Social can offer your clients.
In this role, the ideal candidate would have a background in social, digital or creative agencies, with a stellar, rounded client services skillset and a passion for pop culture. You need to be exceptionally organised with proven ability to drive large-scale projects end to end. We would also be looking to the Account Manager to inspire a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional agency teams, and really thrive on constant change on one of our biggest accounts, a much-loved international entertainment brand.
To succeed in this role, you will conduct business in an effective manner. Communication is key, along with great attention to detail and accuracy in all internal and external communications. You are also responsible for setting and maintaining the standards of work and ensuring accuracy for your Account Executives.
Account & Relationship Management
- Manage WIP documents, timelines and budgets ensuring they are accurate and reflect the current state of play for your projects and client accounts
- Coordinate effectively with your team and communicate priorities to your AE to ensure efficient workflow
- Schedule and prepare for your internal and external meetings as required; preparing and sharing agendas, documents, ensuring equipment works, note-taking if the AE is not attending, draft notes of decisions and actions for sharing internally and with the client
- Ability to lead meetings when asked ensuring they’re efficient, productive and where possible, enjoyable!
- Develop and continue to cultivate a thorough understanding of the client’s business, and the category they operate in, including competitor analysis
- Stay current on industry trends, great creative work, competitors and innovations in social
- Share information, ideas and opportunities to grow client business or develop exciting or innovative solutions for clients with your team
- Ensure that your teams deliver against your client’s expectations
- Be proactive about ensuring the quality of the campaigns you are responsible for are second to none
- Articulate a point of view on all things social, and find solutions by collaborating with creative teams, producers, media agencies and clients
- Supervise communities to ensure they run smoothly: comments and posts being addressed within a few hours, information to be accurate, content to be error-free.
- Develop strong client relationships at all levels guided by Senior Account Managers / Senior Account Directors
- Develop negotiation and influencing skills with support and training from your manager and team
- Work collaboratively with partner agencies and suppliers.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a budget
- Follow and support the standard We Are Social financial processes
- Ensure timesheets are accurate and updated daily and 100% accurate at the close of the week
- Develop your understanding of forecasting income for projects or clients within your control
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of fees, budget management, invoicing, expenses and profitability with a view to developing your capability in this area
- Support Senior Account Director to make sure that you have purchase orders in place and work is invoiced on time.
Contributing to our Culture & Developing your Leadership Capability
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adapt behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved to meet objectives
- Develop the ability to ‘manage’ a situation rather than just taking instruction
- Participate in We Are Learning sessions. Share your knowledge with those around you and also use the expertise available to broaden your own development. Take an active role in your own development and continued learning
- Help develop the team including Interns and Account Executives
Creative & Content Contribution
- Create the context to deliver great work by understanding your client, their business and the brief and communicating effectively with the internal team
- Contribute to social media strategy and content development, working closely with the content creation team
- Develop creative judgment and effectively shape work – sharpen ideas and ensure they’re on brief.
- Strong academic performance, ideally at a tertiary level
- Min 2 + year’s client service experience
- Fluency in a wide range of social platforms and analytics tools
- Knowledge of project management best practice and experience delivering successful projects
- Understanding and working knowledge of influencers and paid media
- Experience managing budgets
- Proactivity, quick thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clear briefs and provide accurate feedback
- Experience building relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
- Proficient in Google Suite and MAC proficient
Why join us?
- Market leading social specialist agency based in the heart of Chippendale
- We are a connected Global Network, share insights, learning, and knowledge with your peers through our awesome internal communications channels
- Quarterly award of cash prize for outstanding performance against agency values
- We Are Surfing – Annual company conference in a tropical destination
- It’s Your Birthday – take a day to treat yourself
- Celebrating Loyalty – recognition and gifts at your anniversary
- We Are Celebrating – regular social and cultural occasions like Christmas in July
- We Are Learning – every month we train our team in business skills and invite inspirational speakers to visit our office and share their expertise and experience to spark ideas and develop our understanding of social thinking.