You wake up, bright and early, at 6:00am – an unusual occurrence.
You hit an F45 class, or a hectic spin class, or the pavement for a run.
You smash it, you feel good.
But now you’re hungry as hell.
What do you do? Your instinct might be to guzzle down a pipping hot cuppa coffee right away – but once you feel like a substantial nutrition boost, why not cop a smoothie to the mouth?
Here are three of our favourite super-smoothie recipes – two that are perfect for before a sweat sesh, and one that’s the perfect treat to recover (or for dessert):
THE LEAN GREEN “MWAH” MACHINE
As they say, if it’s green, it’s good. The fact that this blend tastes like a heavenly fresh delight is a small plus. Fantastic as an energy booster on a hot summer day, the drank does as the name suggests and will no doubt get you into machine mode pre-workout.
- 1 chopped banana
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 chopped mango
- 1 chopped kiwi fruit
- Blackmores Coconut Superfood + Nature Boost Magnesium mixed with 1 cup water
- a handful of almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 fresh mint springs
THE BEET IT BERRY BONANZA
Beetroot in a sweet smoothie is a contentious addition. It sounds like it’d taste awful, but it’s masked by the raspberries and blueberry blend, and actually gives the drink an earthy element. Beetroots are damn good for you, too.
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sliced cooked beets
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Blackmores Superfoods Wild Blueberry Blend + Nature Boost Vitamin C
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar (or honey – depending on what you’re into)
THE PB AND CHOC BLAST
After burning a tonne of calories in a hectic cardio session, it’s a good idea to refuel your body with healthy fats. That way, you’ll stay fuller for longer and feel good, too. Dates are a natural sweetener in this bad boy – so much so you won’t even taste the spinach, promise.
- 1 chopped banana
- 2 tbsp Blackmores Superfood Powder Single Origin Cacao + Nature Boost Prebiotics & Probotics
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk (almond, full-fat or skim-milk – whatever your persuasion)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Blackmores Raw Chia + Nature Boost Vital Nutrients
- A handful of ice
Chuck ’em all in the blender, spin it round and suck it down. No guilt and all gain, folks.