Bachelor In Paradise Australia contestants were asked to inform producers of their consent to any sexual encounters before they happened, according to one star of the upcoming reality TV show.

Laurina Fleure, one of many Bachelor and Bachelorette also-rans revealed for the new spin-off, this morning told radio station hit105 that “there were some really strict guidelines around anybody getting intimate.”

Fleure, who was one of many contestants waylaid Blake Garvey’s infamous season of The Bachelor, said Bachelor In Paradise Australia hopefuls “had to go and flag it with production and say, ‘I’m consenting,’ and if anybody was caught frolicking intimately then production had the right to burst in the door and say, ‘Are you consenting?’”

The news comes months after production of the American Bachelor In Paradise ground to a halt over concerns regarding an alleged sexual encounter between contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson.

Filming temporarily shut down over fears that Olympios was too inebriated to consent to the encounter. She then hired a lawyer to investigate the incident, but ultimately dropped further legal action when production company Warner Bros.’ internal investigation found no barriers had been crossed.

Olympios gave a subsequent interview in which she appeared to clear Jackson of any wrongdoing, and pointed to a combination of alcohol and new medication as contributing factors to her behaviour at the time.

“I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault,” Olympios said at the time. “I just think that it was, again, an unfortunate and annoying situation that had to go down and it really sucks.”

Bachelor In Paradise Australia will air, consent and all, this Sunday.

Source: News.com.au
Image: @bachelorinparadiseau / Instagram