They’ve finally made a movie that combines my two favourite past-times: watching Christmas flicks and stressing about strangers stabbing me to death in my home.
To celebrate the release of Black Christmas, the twisted yet festive outing about a serial killer offing college students over the December holidays, we’re throwing out 25 double passes so you can hide from the heat and chill in the cinemas for a coupla hours.
Just tell us in 25 words or less about the worst Christmas you’ve had, and you could lock in those sweet, free tickets.
The flick will be hitting cinemas on Friday the 13th, and if you can’t put two and two together from that, you obviously need to watch more horror movies – in a nutshell, Friday the 13th is when shit goes all the way down (in movies, at least).
If your life’s been relatively scare-free up until this point, you can always get some inspiration for your competition answer by watching the trailer below:
Okay, so here’s what I’ve learned about this movie from the trailer:
- The serial killer has a complete disregard for the festive season (see: the trampling of a poor bauble)
- Christmas hats look cute on any outfit
- Helena’s in some mad trouble
- The Robin Hood (aka Cary Elwes) from iconic flick Robin Hood: Men in Tights makes an appearance
- Snow is less than ideal when you’re running from a masked killer
- No number of Christmas lights can make a tense scene less tense
- Archery is back in a really big way
- Frat guys still look like the worst people to be around
Have I piqued your interest? I bloody well should have, I piqued my own interest from that riveting listed recap.
Would you be even more intrigued if I told you that Blumhouse Productions (Get Out, Happy Death Day, The Purge…the list goes on) is behind Black Christmas?
Exactly. It’s gonna be ‘uge.
Now, if you miss out on free tickets, I strongly suggest you buy your own – Christmas and murder in one, what’s not to love?
December, Friday the 13th.
Lock it in.Image: Black Christmas