The only thing that’s hosting more celebrities than the Cannes Film Festival right now is Oprah’s final episode. Let’s have a look at what those on the French Riviera are wearing on the red carpet, shall we?
1. Not even the sophisticated backdrop of Cannes and the French Riviera can soften Lady Gaga‘s eccentricity. Gaga channeled Michael Jackson in her oriental rocker inspired performance outfit on day one of the festival. Her makeup makes her face resemble a melted Astro Boy.
2. The Chinese actress and singer, Fan Bingbing wowed the paps with her traditionally Chinese inspired gown.
3. Everyone’s favourite platinum blonde, Gwen Stefani showed some boob with a Stella McCartney sequined onesie. She accessorised with a hot punk lip and Daisy Lowe’s biological father AKA guy from that Nineties band.
4. Brad Pitt well and truly got into the resort wear on day three of Cannes, decking himself in top-to-toe white linen. Ridiculous.
5. French comedienne Axelle Laffont looked like she took a detour through Africa, slaughtered a zebra and slipped into its remains for her red carpet appearance.
6. Model Candice Boucher slapped everyone across the face with her impeccable curvature in a transparant gown borrowed from the depths of Cher’s wardrobe.
7. Hopping on the jumpsuit bandwagon, Paz Vega channeled the earthy colour palette of the season in a delightfully ethereal Azzaro outfit.
8. In case the Captain Feathersword suit wasn’t a dead giveaway, this is Johnny Depp and he’s the star of Pirates of the Caribbean.
9. Always the sartorial maverick, Rachel McAdams bypassed a gown in favour of power bitch high wasted pants and a Monique Lhuillier bustier.
10. And here’s what happens when you dip Diane Kruger into a puddle of gold.
Words by Carla Efstratiou
Images via Getty Images, Reuters and AFP.