With the release of Avengers: Endgame edging closer and closer, some devoted fans have embarked on an insane 21-Marvel-movie marathon to make sure they’re absolutely up to speed on the superheroes. But, if you rather not melt your brain, the Russo Brothers have shared just which movies you should watch to prepare yourselves for No. 22 on April 24.
Shock horror, it’s the ones they directed.
“[Captain America:] Civil War and [Avengers:] Infinity War without question because the events of Civil War directly affected Infinity War, and we would argue that the reason they lost to Thanos is because of Civil War,” Joe Russo told comicbook.com.
“Clearly, that carries over to Endgame. If you’re going to add one more in there, I’d probably say [Captain America: The] Winter Soldier, only in that those are the four movies we directed, and they’re all thematically connected to one another.”
Well, there ya go.
Alternatively, you could just rock up to the cinema with the knowledge that purple dickhead Thanos needs to piss right off.
If you do want to binge all 21 movies over a couple of days, people recommend watching them in order of release date:
- Iron Man (2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- Thor (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- Marvel’s The Avengers (2012)
- Iron man 3 (2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
Or if you want them in order of time period:
All three hours and two minutes of Avengers: Endgame will hit theatres, April 24.
11 ! More ! Sleeps !