Need a ready made list of all the awesome films you’ve missed this year? Look no further than your twitchy best friend who catches a lot more films than you do and does an awful Australian accent, Quentin Taratino. For the last few years the cult American filmmaker, geek and maker of lists has put together an end of year best films list on his website Tarantino.info but for reasons unknown has decided to jump the gun a few months early this year and publish his favourite films of the year thus far.
As per usual, Tarantino assembles an eclectic list of releases ranging from Oscar bait eye porn (Gravity) and apocalypse comedies (This Is The End), to quarter life ennui dramas (Frances Ha).
Check out his top ten so far below…
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)
Image via Pascal Le Segretain for Getty Images Entertainment