Things we know to be true about the upcoming Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them trilogy of films.
- Eddie Redmayne is your male lead and will play the book’s author Newt Scamander.
- The film will be set in the USA, but the US Hogwarts is not in New York.
- J.K. Rowling is having her first crack at screenwriting for the project.
- A 42 page companion text book is absolutely enough source material to base three entire feature films on shut up.
- Jack McCoy‘s daughter is now on board to play the female lead.
Katherine Waterston has officially signed on to play the female lead in the upcoming trilogy of films, the first of which is due to hit cinema screens at some point in 2016.
Those of you with keener eyes might recognise Waterston from her highly acclaimed work in Inherent Vice, or from smaller roles in a swathe of critically celebrated fare like Night Moves, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, or Robot & Frank. You might also recognise her as indeed being Sam Waterston‘s daughter – the man responsible for the second longest running character on Law & Order.
Katherine will fill the role of Tina – short for Porpetina – inn the Beasts movies; a witch operating in the US who meets Newt on his journey to indeed seek the fantastic beasts and document exactly where to find them.
The release date for the film might be next year – but if you think about it, we’re already halfway towards there already.
I KNOW RIGHT?!
Photo: Craig Barritt via Getty Images.