Johnny Ruffo‘s manager has made a statement to the media saying that the former Home & Away star is trying to “keep positive” in what she describes as an “awful situation” following his recent cancer diagnosis.
Ruffo, who made a name for himself as a finalist on The X-Factor, told his social media followers that went to hospital on Sunday August 6 complaining of a migraine, but found himself in emergency surgery to to remove a brain tumour.
Earlier this week, the 29-year-old revealed that he will be spending the next few months receiving “aggressive treatment” to fight his cancer, telling his followers “I’ve got an interesting journey ahead and a bit of a battle.”
Speaking to Yahoo, Ruffo’s manager Claire McLennan said that he is staying close to family as he prepares to start his treatment. “It’s scary and frightening this one,” she said of his diagnosis, “especially for anyone going through this.”
“Johnny’s with his family at the moment,” she continued. “He’s gotten so much support from everyone and it’s just been lovely – there are still good people in this world.”
In an Instagram post earlier this week, Ruffo thanked fans and colleagues for their messages of support. We’re wishing him all the best for his recovery.