Whomst among you is not partial to slaying a bloodthirsty froth demon from time to time? The amber medicine. Thine yeasty treat. The ole’ big sippy.
Sydneysiders in search of a cheap drink are, as it turns out, in some sort of luck throughout the entire month of June, with a stack of favourite pubs slashing the price of a good time throughout the entire month.
The Merivale group, whom you might recognise as the frontline of Justin Hemmes‘ personal quest to own every watering hole within cooee of the city, has unveiled a promotion they’re calling ‘Bottoms Up Sydney‘ aimed at getting folks outta their hours in the throes of winter.
Every day, between 5 and 7pm, drinks at 37 Merivale-owned pubs and bars across Sydney will be offering all drinks at a whopping 49% off.
All drinks. Even the fancy cocktails and such.
The hotel group asserts that the percentage discount is the “as generous as we’re legally allowed to be” and is aimed at “bringing some vibrancy back into the city.”
This promotion is being run as the 10th birthday of the group’s annual March into Merivale celebrations.
There are limits, of course. Well, one to be exact: The offer only applies to items priced at $200 or less. If it’s $201 and up, it’s RRP. Under that mark and bought between 5 and 7, however? Cheap as chips, m8s.
And we cannot stress enough that it’s every drink on the menu, from tap beers to top shelf. The whole lot. Get stuck into it.
Here’s the full list of 37 pubs and bars where the cheap plonk will be flowing at:
- 30 Knots – Hunter St, City
- Angel Hotel – Pitt St, City
- Ash St. Cellar – Ash St, City
- Bert’s Bar – Kalinya St, Newport
- Charlie Parker’s – Oxford St, Paddington
- Coogee Pavilion (bar) – Dolphin St, Coogee
- Coogee Rooftop – Dolphin St, Coogee
- El Loco – Foveaux St, Surry Hills
- Establishment (bar) – George St, City
- Excelsior – Foveaux St, Surry Hills
- Felix (bar) – Ash St, City
- Fred’s (bar) – Oxford St, Paddington
- Hemmesphere – George St, City
- Hotel CBD (bar) – King St, City
- Hotel Centennial (bar) – Oxford St, Woollhara
- Ivy Den & Lounge – George St, City
- Ivy Pool Club – George St, City
- J&M – Angel Pl, City
- Level 6 (members only) – George St, City
- Ms. G’s (cocktail bar) – Victoria St, Potts Point
- Palings (bar) – George St, City
- Palmer & Co. – Abercrombie Lane, City
- Queen Chow Manly (bar) – Manly Wharf, Manly
- Queens Hotel – Enmore Rd, Enmore
- Slip Inn – Sussex St, City
- Tank Stream Bar – Tankstream Way, City
- Tennyson Hotel – Botany Rd, Mascot
- The Beresford – Bourke St, Surry Hills
- The Collaroy (bar) – Pittwater Rd, Collaroy
- The Fish Shop (bar) – Challis Ave, Potts Point
- The Grand Hotel – Hunter St, City
- The Newport – Kalinya St, Newport
- The Paddington (bar) – Oxford St, Paddington
- The Royal George – George St, City
- The Vic on the Park – Addison Rd, Marrickville
- Wynyard Hotel – Clarence St, City
- York 75 – York St, City
So there you go, Sydney mates. Bottoms bloody up.