As a lifelong Melburnian, missing out on all of the regular shenanigans the city usually has to offer last year was like drinking a big ol’ mug of depresso espresso.
But onwards and upwards, as we like to say down here in the cultural capital of Australia (and quite literally every other location on earth as this cliché knows no bounds) – we’re not here to dwell on days gone by and we have a mammoth sesh coming up to prove that.
Introducing City of Melbourne’s FOMO Fridays, a month of celebrations including freebies from local businesses, a slew of events and food and bev as far as the eye can see (another super cool and exclusive saying we like to use down here in Melbs).
Running from May 14 to June 4, Melbourne will be transformed into a hub of flowing bevs including two-for-one bottles of bubbles at General Assembly, bulk food with half-price mezze platters at Spice Market and shopping bags right up in your grill with major discounts at joints like Nique and H&M.
Even Kino Cinemas is getting in on the action, offering two-for-one tickets to any screening that falls on a FOMO Friday.
Stop the presses: I’m also just finding out now that Melbourne has a VR Escape Room (?) and it’s 20% off on FOMO Friday? Why has no one told me this even exists, why am I just finding out now? Do other, more superior Melburnians have secret meetings I’m not aware of? I’m good for it, I swear. Let me in.
Cop some more highlights of what you can expect below:
- Have your fortune told and win instant prizes at QV Melbourne
- Free manicures and cupcakes (!!) at Myer
- Bring a mate to O’Brien Icehouse for free (if five people bring five mates we got ourselves an ice party)
- Two-for-one Pisco Sours, Plum Chilcanos, Estrella Damm lagers or house wine at Patsuso
- 20% off everything in-store (up until 6pm) at Mouche
- Two-for-one bottles of bubbles at The Boatbuilders Yard, Riverland, General Assembly, Pilgrim Bar, Self Preservation and the beloved Storyville
- Pop-up night markets
- Book one night and get a night free at a smorgasbord of luxury hotels
The list, as you’d expect, goes on and on.
Mystery locations will also be announced ahead of each FOMO Friday for you to sprint to as fast as possible if you want to score free stuff, which everyone does because it’s free.
You can also check out everything that’s going down from May 14 to June 4 over at City of Melbourne’s FOMO page.
Round up the office, Friday kick-offs are officially in full swing. It’s good to have ya back, Melbourne.