LOVE YOUR WORK
Quiz Show Writer
From the makers of We Should Know Better comes a new panel show: Alan Smithee's Screen Test is a live quiz show focusing on film and TV, and we're looking for people to join the writing team.
If you're a talented and enthusiastic writer with a passion for entertainment, we want you: the new show needs games and it needs ideas. Duties will include attending fortnightly meetings, brainstorming game ideas, and writing the questions: availability on Saturdays is a must.
The successful applicants will have a strong understanding of what makes a game/show fun, be confident and able to pitch ideas to a room full of writers, and be happy to constantly experiment and determine what works and what doesn't.
Strong film and TV knowledge a plus.
This is an unpaid role that provides networking opportunities, ideally suited for people looking to develop their writing skills and build up experience working in a team environment. We're looking for fun people with a good sense of humour to join the team!
Our boutique tourism & cuisine magazine needs a clever person to help with our Editors work load.
The position involves:
- Interaction with clients
You will need:
- Savvy computer skills (your own laptop)
- An eye for design (some design skills would be handy)
- Organizational skills
- The rare ability to perform tasks quickly and correctly...
Please send us some examples of your work along your resume.
Online News Presenter
- Aiming to work in TV?
- Looking to expand your portfolio?
- Want to experience industry specific video presentation?
DentalHub is a new health news web startup that is looking to expand into video news content.
We are looking for a young, enthusastic, well presented female reporter to join our Sydney based team.
Opportunity and experience would include:
- Working in a fully equiped studio environment
- Bulletin style reporting
- Question and answer style
- On-site reporting
- Street quiz style improvisation
The position is initially unpaid - however for the right person there may be an opportunity arising for a position in the future.
Kirrily Johnston is a high end Australian labelling currently producing two lines – KJ by Kirrily Johnston and Kirrily Johnston mainline. We are looking for a talented and motivated intern to assist a busy design room.
You will be working directly with the design team and some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the sampling process including sample cutting, hand sewing and finishing of samples
- Maintaining our pattern library
- Assisting in maintaining seasonal design and fabric boards
- Stock taking sampling fabrics at end of sampling period or at other times when required
- Filing of fabric headers and trims and maintenance of the fabric and trims libraries
- Assisting with the handover of samples to press/sales team and archiving of samples
- Assisting with fabric testing
- General studio assistance including organisation of haberdashery and sampling fabric and ad hoc duties or errands to assist with the smooth running of the design room
- Occasionally you may be required to assist in other departments such as production and press/sales
We are looking for someone who is:
- In at least the second year of tertiary study in Fashion Design
- Available 1 – 2 days per week. Please include your availability in your application
- Able to commit to a minimum internship duration of 3 – 6 months
- Motivated, reliable, hard working and eager to learn about all facets of the fashion industry
- Interested in a career in fashion design and has a good understanding of high end fashion
Previous work experience will be highly regarded but is not mandatory.
Please send your cv and availability through to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would also love to see examples of your work so applicants are invited to submit a brief portfolio or 2 – 4 jpegs.
Applications close May 29th
PR Intern - Sporting Club
PR INTERNSHIP - The Sydney Kings (Basketball, NBL)
What we are looking for:
We are looking for people with a strong interest in Sports PR who really want to learn and be a part of the Sydney Kings team.
Help promote and maximise PR opportunities for the Sydney Kings Basketball brand in Sydney.
What the intern will receive:
The successful applicant will gain hands on experience with one of Australia’s most recognisable sporting brands. The Sydney Kings. (NBL, Basketball Team).
We will allow you to apply your knowledge and skills in a fun, high energy working environment and learn and develop your skills to further your career.
Introductions to the high-profile ownership group and Sydney Kings Celebrity Ambassadors, work with Sydney Kings Sponsors. (Lots of cool brands!!)..
Our ideal intern:
Good communication skills, enthusiasm, interest in sports PR/Marketing, be a real go –getter, be able to think outside the square and have some new PR ideas to help the Kings brand in Sydney. Able to travel to office located in Homebush, Right behind DFO.
We would require the intern for 1-3 days a week depending on availability.
This is a great opportunity for PR students to get hands on experience and training in the Sports industry.
Interested applicants please email your resume, cover letter and availability.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for a trial.
Note: this is an unpaid position
Design and Production Intern
Design & Production Intern
nANA jUDY is currently looking for a positive, talented and hardworking Design & Production Intern to provide office support to our Design & Production team at our Melbourne head office.
nANA jUDY is a young and fashion forward boutique apparel & denim company stocked in leading boutiques and department stores in Australia, Europe and the Middle East currently undergoing an exciting period of growth. As such we’re seeking applicants who fit in with our unique brand culture and are motivated to gain hands on experience in a fast paced fashion environment.
To be successful in this internship role you will need to have recently studied, or currently be completing a relevant qualification in fashion / textiles design or merchandising or related areas.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Adobe and Microsoft Office suites & have strong organisation and time management skills.
- General admin duties
- Working closely with the Design & Production team and providing office support to ensure an organised and efficient office environment
- Performing trend and design research and preparing story boards
- Assisting QC on garments
- Assisting with fittings and keeping sample garment library organised
- Assisting with maintenance of design records, fabric and trims library and samples
- Keeping up-to-date with developments and trends in fashion
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Creative thinker with excellent technical understanding of fabrics, trims and garment construction
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Technical drawing and sketching in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- A general understanding of the offshore production cycle
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications - Outlook, Word and Excel
This is an amazing opportunity to gain hands on experience in a fashion head office environment and expand your knowledge of all aspects of local and offshore design and production practices with the possibility of future employment based on performance.
We are looking for a candidate who is available at least 2 days a week on an ongoing basis.
Note: This is an unpaid internship position
Interested applicants should send their CV outlining experience / skills and availability to email@example.com
Graphic Design Intern
Graphic Design Intern
Cult denim and street wear label nANA jUDY are looking for an enthusiastic Graphic Design Intern to join the team at our Melbourne head office.
nANA jUDY is a young and fashion forward boutique apparel & denim company stocked in leading boutiques and department stores in Australia, Europe and the Middle East undergoing an exciting period of growth. As such we’re seeking applicants who fit in with our unique brand culture and are motivated to gain hands on experience in a fast paced fashion environment.
We are looking for an unconventional creative thinker to join the nANA jUDY team who is trained in Graphic Design and has a passion for working in the fashion industry.
To be successful in this role you must have hands on graphic design experience and have a natural talent for graphic design, layout and typography. You will need advanced skills in the Adobe suite and be able to prepare the graphic and campaign work for our website, social media, look books and in-store branding.
- Preparing photos and graphics for print, signage, packaging, and in-store branding
- Getting all of our graphics and campaign images ready for social media and online use
- Designing and putting together our look books for digital distribution and print
- Designing and setting up artwork for placement and yardage prints on garments
You will be working in a fast-paced company & so the ability to work productively, stay focused and meet deadlines is essential! The role is diverse and creative so there will never be a dull moment.
To be successful in this role:
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite
- Preferably a graphic design qualification or be in your final year of study
- Have an impeccable eye for detail and the ability to work with photos, notes and other material from photographers and team members
- Be able to accurately set-up repeat and placement artworks
- Possess a keen interest in the fashion industry and a strong awareness of the street wear market
- Be self-directed and able to research and generate new graphic design concepts
- Be able to work and collaborate in a creative team environment.
- Preferably with own laptop with Adobe and Microsoft Office suite, though not essential
- Must be available to work a minimum of 2 days per week
We are not looking for anyone too polished – if you are someone who thinks outside the square, are passionate about working in the fashion industry and you feel ready to push yourself to new creative heights then you are just what we are looking for.
We are looking for a candidate who is available at least 2 days a week during the internship with the possibility of future employment based on performance.
Note: This is an unpaid internship position
Interested applicants should send a Cover Letter / CV detailing skills, experience, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Pr Internship
Get your Videos, Photos, Art, Writing and other creative talents out to the world and our Pedestrians
» Contact the Editor