LOVE YOUR WORK
Project Coordinator: Pop Up Urban Forest
The Spring Fling Street Festival has been part of the communities of North and West Melbourne for over 35 years. The 2012 Spring Fling Street Festival attracted over 15,000 people with 120 stalls and over 100 volunteers assisting to stage the event. The festival aims to strengthen the connectedness of the community and promote a sense of belonging.
This year’s Spring Fling Street Festival will be on Sunday 20th October between 11:00 am and 6:00 pm in Errol Street, North Melbourne.
About the Position:
The purpose of this position is to plan, run and curate the festival activity-“Pop Up Urban Forest” for the Spring Fling Festival. The Urban Forest Project Coordinator will be supervised by the Festival Coordinator and the Executive Festival Director. This role would be suitable for applicants that are studying/recently completed: events management, horticulture/ urban landscape design or those looking to return to the workforce.
Working hours will be flexible; we would like the Project Coordinator to commit a minimum of 7 hours per week. The office is located in 58 Errol Street, North Melbourne.
About the Activity:
Participants will have the opportunity to contribute to create a “pop-up” Urban Forest. Installation should be a central part of the festival so that all festival participants can walk through the “pop-up” Urban Forest and relate it back to their own green spaces and their local parks and gardens. The Pop Up Urban Forest have will have a workshop component. Participants will learn about indigenous plants, local tree population and suggestions for the development of a greener urban sprawl. Children will have an opportunity to pot up native seedlings. Information will also be available on using plants towards zero carbon output – household green space use. Park Rangers from Royal Park have committed to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a lead and responsibility for all aspects of the “Pop Up Urban Forest” project within the Spring Fling.
- Design, plan, curate, program and define elements of the “Pop Up Urban Forest”.
- Develop creative ways of involving more participants and sponsors in the “Pop Up Urban Forest”.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including: Royal Park, Friends of Royal Park, City of Melbourne-Urban Landscapes, CityWide and local nursery suppliers.
- Create promotional material for the “Pop Up Urban Forest”.
- Create event documents required for the “Pop Up Urban Forest”. Schedule, administer and set up the running of the “Pop Up Urban Forest” on the event day.
For a full list of duties and responsibilities please see full position description
- Creativity in developing ideas and projects.
- An appreciation and understanding of native plantings in an urban environment and the creation of green spaces.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to find creative, cost effective ways of making the project happen on a shoe string budget.
For a full list of desired skills please see Full Position Description.
** Please note this position is voluntary
*Interested applicants can email to obtain full position description
Please address any questions or your application (cover letter and resume) to:
Post: The Centre, 58 Errol Street, North Melbourne 3051
Mob: 0448 377 488
Fax: 9328 4812
Marketing & Online Promotions Internship
Stop Start are a Sydney based independent label / touring company with a roster of both International and Local acts. We are looking for an individual with a genuine love of all things music ready to launch their career in the Music Industry.
You will need to have the following attributes,
- Web savvy, particularly with all Social Media – HTML coding knowledge would be a HUGE bonus.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self –starting attitude
- Confident writing skills
- A great multi –tasker (we get REAL BUSY)
- A LOVE of all music
- Available 1-2 days a week
Reporting directly to our Marketing Manager you will be assisting with,
- Maintaining Stop Start websites and all Social Media databases - Twitter, Facebook, Website
- Management of content and distribution of Stop Start e- newsletter
- Online promotion
- Regular contribution to our Blog
- Maintaining artist press files / media mail outs
- Compiling data for our weekly reports
- Office Administrational Duties – supporting the marketing manager and head of the label.
In return we offer,
- Experience across a range of areas in the music industry including label, events, touring
- Long term career prospects for the right candidate
- FREE stuff!
Please forward basic CV and cover letter to email@example.com
This is an unpaid position.
Feature Film Seeking Crew (Unpaid)
‘Two brothers and girl’ is a realist social drama that follows the everyday life of two brothers who live together and unknowingly get involved with the same girl. It is a story about relationships, social harmony, and Australian day-to-day life.
The film is currently in Pre-Production with all locations secured, the very talented M. Nick Dell is on board as Director of Photography and we plan to begin Principal photography on Saturday the 13th of July 2-13 until Monday the 19th of August 2013. We will shoot only on Saturdays (DAY), Sundays (DAY) and Mondays (NIGHTS) with the weekend of the 26th,27th, and 28th of July OFF.
Your experience in the roles listed below is enough whatever it may be as long as you are aware of your responsibilities and you have an idea of what you are doing. On set, we will be all collaborating to create an image we are aiming for to serve the story and the film. We will work in the same a way an orchestra plays a score. Everyone will have the chance to focus on his piece.
We are looking for:
Your main role is to be aware of changes on set. We will shoot in story sequence to the most possible extent.
You will be in the process of selecting the "look" for each character. The aim is to keep make-up minimal and subtle for the camera. There are no scenes where heavy make up is required for special effects etc...
Your main role is to manage the resources we have. Quality and safetyis a priority, keeping in mind efficiency.
You will be working with a sound recordist. Some of the sets are tight, so you could think about that. You will be using a Sennheiser 816 shotgun mic.
Your main role is in the pre-production meeting and selection of already available costumes and managing them on and off set. You will work directly with the DOP and Continuity person.
What you will get out of this is up to you, like any other set you would work on. The difference is that we are focusing on making cinema in its purest form possible. We aim to present this film to international festivals, where we will be present to try and sell it to distributors for international markets.
Do you love on trend, high quality well priced jewellery? Are you looking for a foot in the door in the fashion industry?
If so then this internship might be for you!
One of Australia's leading wholesale fashion jewellery companies is looking for an intern to assist us in Head Office. We would love someone to assist us 1-2 days per week, or as often as possible.
We are looking for someone who would define themselves as a hard worker, someone willing to go the extra mile and someone who wants to grow with our company. There is definite potential to move into a full time role within the company as we undergo rapid expansion!
We are looking for someone to assist us with:
- Stock control
- Picking and packing orders
- Assist the Warehouse Coordinator in various jobs
- Work with the Brand Manager in learning about Marketing, PR and/or Brand Management
In return you will work with a fun, small team, where you will learn bucket loads about jewellery, warehouse management and general running of a fashion business.
If this sounds like you, then please apply by emailing us your resume. Immediate start!
Please Note: This role is unpaid.
Feature Writers for Online Manufacturing Magazine
Have you got a flair for writing? A passion for sourcing great news? And a business savvy mind?
Australian Manufacturing is one of Australia’s leading online communities, dedicated as resource for the manufacturing sector.
If you’re looking for experience as a writer, journalist and business professional, Australian Manufacturing provides writers with a communication platform to reach thousands of Australians every day.
Whether you’re a student, established journalist, industry veteran, or just have something to say, Australian Manufacturing provides all our writers with great publishing opportunities.
Currently we are seeking 5 Feature writers, to cover the manufacturing landscape in Australia. The industry is experiencing a rapid transformation, and we need to report on all things Australian made! Writers are encouraged to visit the editor at our studio in Keilor, to discuss stories prior to writing.
Interested applicants are welcome to send an updated CV, along with samples, or links to samples, of work.
Event Management Intern
Want to kick start your career in events?
We are a super fast growing event management company based on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. We have some awesome events, including The Swisse Color Run (the fastest growing running series in the world) and the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon series in our portfolio and events around Australia!
This will not be a typical internship; you will gain invaluable on the job experience and you will work hard and have some fun along the way. We are a small office so you will be across many aspect of the event business. There will also be scope for travel, and to become part of our event crew as we crisscross the country.
So, who are we looking for?
- Someone who has strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Someone who is outgoing and able to work well, both individually and especially within a team environment
- You are a superstar on Microsoft Office applications and it helps if you know Adobe programs as well
- You are not afraid of hard work and to have a little fun along the way
- You retain an ability to prioritise and stay calm when working under pressure
- You have dedication to delivering outstanding customer service as a must, as well as an infectious personality and a willingness to help others
- Ideally you are studying event management, marketing or similar
- You are available 1-2 days a week, with some weekend work
If you are confident that your skills and experience satisfy the above criteria and you are interested in becoming part of a highly respected events team in a very competitive industry we look forward to receiving your expression of interest.
NOTE: Applications should include a cover letter and an up-to-date resume. Please forward these to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only sucsessful applicants will be contacted
Social Media Marketer
An opportunity to be in charge of social media advertising sector for a new gay networking website. The gay networking website is in its own league without any contenders that appeal to an audience not looking for just "hook ups" like well known gay resources Manhunt and Grindr. The website is scheduled for public release mid 2013 whilst in last phase of programming.
Looking for an enthusiastic person full of personality and ideas who is looking to build a career in social media marketing. This position is currently unpaid but may transition into paid work and further opportunities in the company. Not neccessary to have experience in social marketing.
Skills that applicant must be able to demonstrate
- Ability to create Public interest and networking
- Consistancy in creative frequent updates
- Aware & Cover update gay issues and media
- Understanding the gay market
- Personality and Humor
Any more information reguarding Contact the team at
Are you passionate about spreading the word on animal rights? Or maybe you're a beauty junkie after some free cosmetics?
We're looking for writers to contribute to our website on cruelty-free beauty.
This role would suit a student hoping to gain some writing experience. Editor Emma Salkild can give you feedback on your work and free cosmetics.
If this sounds like it could be interesting, send us a writing sample to email@example.com. We hope to hear from you soon.
Get your Videos, Photos, Art, Writing and other creative talents out to the world and our Pedestrians
» Contact the Editor