Treadley Pty Ltd
Inertia is seeking a Marketing and Promotions Coordinator to join our team. We’re looking for a witty, funny writer with razor-sharp attention to detail, who loves great design almost as much as music, is happiest when working in a fast-paced environment with a team of legends and likes to relax by going to several gigs a week.
If you’re keen to use your written and organizational skills to help us spread the word about some of Australia and the world’s most exciting artists, we’d love to talk to you.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with Inertia’s Product Managers to implement marketing campaigns for our artists and releases
- Coordinate Inertia’s zine twice a year, amongst other marketing campaigns featuring multiple Inertia artists
- Write press releases and artist bios for Inertia’s local and international artists
- Coordinate phone and tour promotional interview schedules for Inertia’s artists
- Manage Inertia’s media databases and oversee all physical and digital mail-outs
- Support our marketing and promotions teams on events and album launches
What you’ll bring to Inertia:
- Outstanding written, communicative and interpersonal skills
- Experience in music writing media releases and artist bios and managing media databases mail-outs
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in uploading content to websites (preferably Wordpress-based)
- Minimum 1 year experience in the music industry, ideally with at least six months within a PR/Promotions team
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines for multiple tasks over a set period
What you’ll already obsessively love:
- Inertia’s artists and releases
- A wide variety of genres and styles
Who we are:
Inertia is Australia’s leading independent music company, working with a wide range of ground-breaking local and international artists including Big Scary, Beach House, Bon Iver, Bonobo, Chet Faker, Grizzly Bear, Hermitude, Mount Kimbie, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Passenger, Seth Sentry, The Lumineers, Urthboy and Zeahorse.
Based in Sydney, Inertia is part of a group of companies that includes Handsome Tours, IE:Inertia (management) and Gaga (publishing).
To apply for this role, please send your C.V. with a cover letter where you tell us about the most interesting marketing activity you've noticed for an album release in the past year, and why it caught your attention.
Please note that we will be accepting applications until Wednesday 30 October, but we will start doing interviews before that so don't hold back if you're ready to apply today.
- COMPANY NAME - Inertia
- CONTACT EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE - www.inertia-music.com
- CONTACT NUMBER - 0296980111
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/inertiamusic
- TWITTER - https://twitter.com/inertiamusic