Camp Leaders Australia
Inertia is recruiting for a brand new role – will you be our new Digital Coordinator?
You’ll need an all-consuming desire to share great music and be genuinely excited by the ever-changing opportunities technology offers fans to discover, interact with and buy music.
Reporting to our Digital Sales Manager and Digital Publicist, you’ll maximise every digital opportunity available to Inertia’s artists by helping ensure they appear front-and-centre on Australian and NZ digital retailers and streaming services, while also building Inertia’s own digital and social channels.
You’ll be driven to keep Inertia at the forefront of digital trends and will have a strong understanding of how to introduce some of the world’s most exciting music to different groups of fans.
What you’ll get to do:
- Write and design the content that appears on Inertia’s website and in it’s eNewsletters
- Help build Inertia’s presence on channels including (but never limited to) YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Spotify, Rdio and Deezer
- Work with Inertia’s artists and other Inertia staff to create unique content to share via digital retailers, streaming services and Inertia’s channels
- Assist in devising digital marketing and sales campaigns
- Watch gleefully as your efforts transform into opens, views, clicks, subscribers, likes, shares, comments and revenue for artists you love to see succeed
- Measure the success of your work and figure out how to do it even better next time
What you’ll bring to Inertia:
- Outstanding written and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to develop strong client relationships
- Skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- An understanding of iMovie and video content creation and editing
- A love of reviewing, analysing and presenting digital metrics, especially Google Analytics
- Minimum two years’ experience in the music industry or other arts-focussed field
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing/Communications (desirable but not essential)
- A thirst for live music, quenchable only by getting to at least three gigs a week
What you’ll already love:
- Inertia’s artists and releases, of course – see www.inertia-music.com
- A wide variety of genres and styles
Who we are:
Inertia is Australia’s leading independent music company, working with a wide range of ground-breaking local and international artists including Big Scary, Beach House, Bon Iver, Bonobo, Chet Faker, Grizzly Bear, Hermitude, Mount Kimbie, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Passenger, Queens Of The Stone Age, Seth Sentry, The Cat Empire, The Lumineers, The National, Urthboy and Zeahorse.
Based in Sydney, Inertia’s is part of a group of companies that includes Handsome Tours, www.planetofsound.com, IE:Inertia (management) and Gaga Publishing.
We are accepting applications until 7 November but we’ll be happy to start interviewing before this date, so if you think you’re the one for us, why not let us know right now?
Please send your CV with a cover letter introducing yourself, and telling us who you think the three most important digital services for artists will be in 2014 and why.
- COMPANY NAME - Inertia
- CONTACT NAME - HR Manager
- CONTACT EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE - www.inertia-music.com
- CONTACT NUMBER - 0296980111
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/inertiamusic
- TWITTER - https://twitter.com/inertiamusic