LOVE YOUR WORK
Ruby on Rails Developer
Tweaky.com is looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer to come join our small, growing, agile team.
Tweaky.com is the number one marketplace for improving your website, from $39 per tweak.
We launched in July 2012 with glowing reviews from Jeffrey Zeldman and Jason Fried for our innovative approach to outsourced development for small businesses.
Since then we have maintained an average growth rate of 27% every month making us one of the fastest growing early-stage tech companies in Australia. With a single developer on the team (our CTO PJ Murray) and after reaching profitability in April we now recognise the need to grow the team. This is our first technical hire for the business.
With offices in San Francisco and Melbourne the option is yours as to which location you prefer though we would hope you can visit the US fairly regularly.
The tech stack:
- Ruby on Rails
You will be responsible for:
- Prototyping ideas, building MVPs, end to end development
- Taking the existing codebase from good to great
- Refactoring and testing the ‘important parts’
- One-off random technical tasks
- Making spot decisions about what technologies, APIs, and design patterns to use
Why should you work for us? We offer:
- An opportunity to work on a fast growing startup where you’ll be intimately involved in technical decisions.
- An opportunity to grow with the business - this will be the first technical hire of many with the opportunity to flex your technical muscles and grow with the team.
- An environment with passionate people.
- A cool and comfortable office
- Autonomy, and flexibility
- An employee share options plan
- Opportunity for travel and relocation to San Fransciso
Some of the things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Fun to be around. We love what we do and want you to have the same passion. Know when to buckle down but also when to share a few jokes (or beers).
- Know how to ship. You know how to balance the tradeoffs between moving fast and breaking things; and shipping maintainable code.
- Reliable and independent. We’re a small team and our hands are too busy to be holding yours. You’ll need to be able to take a task, run with it, and let us know when you get stuck or need answers.
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty. You’re going to be required to do a bit everything, some of which you may have never done before. You have to be comfortable with playing with new API’s and technologies that you’ve never touched before.
- Startup experience. You’ve built a few things on your own time to scratch your own itch. 10 bonus points if you shipped, 100 points if you made more than $1 revenue.
If any of this is ticking the boxes for the kind of opportunity you’re looking for then you need to get in touch.
Email founders Ned Dwyer and PJ Murray via email@example.com and tell us what you’re working on, why you like the sounds of the role and what you’re looking to do long term.
Online Community Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual to join the McDonald's Australia Corporate Communications Team based in Thornleigh, NSW in the role of Online Community Manager to:
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager Digital and the National Communications team to protect and build the brand’s core proposition
- Act as Brand Custodian and amplify positive sentiment amongst consumers through proactive and reactive interaction and engagement online
- Monitor and leverage social media monitoring tools and develop internal reporting tools
- Collaborate with agency partners to develop and drive execution of all social media tactical plans that complement marketing and PR activities
- Liaise with key areas of the business to develop relevant content for publication on owned sites or others
- Strengthen the effectiveness and alignment of internal online communications tools
- Assist with day to day media relations activities
The successful applicant should have the following qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification or degree in Journalism/Communications or equivalent
- 5-7 years experience in a public relations agency or corporate communications/social media role
- Previous communications and media relations experience in the food/retail industry preferred
- Strong understanding of online analytics tools
- Knowledge of and personal experience with the social media landscape, its channels and rules of engagement
- Ability to exhibit leadership skills, build relationships internally and influence change
- Self-motivated, passionate, able to work independently or as part of a team
Honey Birdette, the luxury lingerie brand with the rock'n'roll attitude is seeking an experienced eCommerce Developer to revamp its online store!
Honey Birdette began in 2006 over a glass of champagne between two friends in Australia and now boasts 10 stores and counting... At Honey Birdette, we are excited about the future of our online business and are currently making significant investment in its continued growth.
We are seeking an experienced eCommerce Developer to enhance and manage the content and strategy for the Honey Birdette website. Key responsibilites include:
- Developing on either the Magento or Shopify platform
- Delivering online and email campaigns
- Developing and maintaining functionality of the website
- Testing UX and UI
- Researching, recommending and implementing new eCommerce features
- Assisting the commercial team to maximise eCommerce growth
- Delivering sales for the online channel
- Driving conversion and building customer value
- Regularly reviewing competitive websites in terms of product range, marketing initiatives and functionality
The successful candidate will have the following skills and expertise:
- At least 3 years industry experience in a similar role
- Experience with CMS
- eCommerce experience; preferably in fashion
- Knowledge of SEO Best Practices
- A passion for technology and its latest trends
- Experience with launching or upgrading existing sites will be highly advantageous
This is a full-time role based in our Potts Point office but would consider a freelance position for the right candidate.
Apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior UX Architect
Our client is one of Australia’s largest financial institutions, boasting a customer base of more than 12 million! Due to a number of exciting, long-term projects and expansion of the internal digital team we are looking for a highly collaborative Senior UX/CX Architect.
For this role you’ll be passionate about identifying innovative ways to serve and support people by discovering latent needs, behaviours and desires.
With a strong focus on a human-centred approach to design, you’ll have experience in helping individuals in both the private and public sectors to innovate and grow their business. As a key collaborator in a senior team you’ll deliver UI design and user experience that delivers on CX design principles.
In this role you’ll be tasked with:
• Planning, conducting and analysing customer research
• Facilitating complex stakeholder meetings and workshops to align a team around an agreed purpose
• Development and enhancement of the CX design capability through improvement of processes and structures in collaboration with the visual design team
• A minimum of 5 years experience in UX/CX Design
• Relevant degree or qualification
• A portfolio demonstrating expert knowledge of interaction design, information architecture, usability testing & design research
• An independent thinker with an ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Experience working across multiple projects at one time
• Experience managing external vendors to deliver great outcomes
This is a role that requires a lot of collaboration, facilitation and stakeholder management in order to produce amazing digital design and high value experiences for both the business and the customer.
Our client is only in a position to hire talent that has the relevant documentation to work in Australia.
To apply for this role please email your resume through to Sandra Benskin email@example.com
Front End Developer
12 month FT contract
Our client is a leading financial institution, responsible for managing $94 billion in funds under administration through their products and platforms is looking to add a Senior Front End Developer to their team.
They offer a broad range of products and services, which include financial advice, life and general insurance, investments, superannuation, margin lending, structured investments and equities. They are building an enviable reputation in the industry for being a leader in product innovation; underpinned by their customer centered design process and design team.
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in a large-scale program that sees delivering a phenomenal customer experience as a source of competitive advantage. They aim to set the global benchmark in financial services.
In this role you will work closely with experienced UI designers and the technology team to push the limits of web and mobile development.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for delivering outstanding clean code from UI designs
- Working consistently on UI testing and solving cross browser and platform issues
- Suggest improvement and out of the box solutions to push the boundaries of web and mobile development
- Ready to collaborate on a multitude of tasks both technical and front end design related
KNOWLEDGE AND PAST EXPERIENCE
- 4 - 5 years experience in web and front end development preferable in enterprise & transactional level
- A strong and solid background in HTML, Jquery and CSS and JSP
- A strong understanding of emerging web development and new frameworks and code libraries
- A good knowledge of Java and exposure to less and SASS highly desirable
- Understanding of Object oriented CSS and responsive coding methods
- Excellent proven coding skills
- A great understanding of responsive and scalable design
- Out of the box thinking
- Great communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be involved in a project that will change the face of finance and if you believe this is something you would like to sink your teeth into, please apply by emailing Sandra directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 MONTH CONTRACT
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; U2, Bon Jovi, Lady GaGa, The Presets, Wolfmother, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Empire of the Sun and Katy Perry – just to name a few!
A unique contract opportunity has become available for a Designer/Front-end Developer to join our eCommerce team. Based at UMA’s Sydney Head Office, the successful applicant will undertake various digital projects, including the development and maintenance of UMA’s music content website and store (getmusic.com.au); developing artist websites and stores; and overseeing the design and build of social networking sites.
- Website template design and front-end development (Web 2.0+)
- Mobile template design and front-end development
- WordPress theme front-end integrations
- HTML email design and development
- Support Digital and Marketing teams for all graphic design/HTML requests
Required skills / experience
- Adobe creative suite (Photoshop preferable)
- Website UI design
- WordPress CMS administration and WordPress theming
- Troubleshooting/problem solving
Desired skills / experience
- Magento theming
- LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
- Project management
- Schema.org and microdata usage
The ideal candidate will have…
- Been employed in a media or agency environment
- Held the position of GUI/Front-end Developer for a design/development firm
- Worked as a WordPress Consultant/WordPress Theme Developer
Please follow the link to submit your application today. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Online & Digital Marketing Hell-Raiser
We HATE shopping. Do you?
We are unique in Australia and our concept is going to change the way guys shop for clothes by not shopping! Our aim is to deliver amazing servce & clothes without the pain of visiting the shops or going on-line.
We are looking for 3 things:
- Someone who can buld, grow, drive and nurture a digital marketing strategy that covers all social media out-lets, marketing promotion planning, campaign analysis. (our system is really cool), gets PPC & SEO and uphold/promote our brand.
- Someone to work Part Time on a contract basis with the view to go permament if all goes well.
- Someone who can have fun, work autonomusly and likes the start-up roller coasted ride (don't worry you will get paid!).
Ideally you will be someone from a retail or consumer brand background and understands how customers tick. If you have international experience and understand the local mentality then mega-tick. Speaking of ticks we are an equal opportunities employer.
Have a look at our site and pop us your details if you are intrerested.
Thanks for reading!
Freelance Community Manager
Attention NRL fans! This global, digitally lead agency works with some of the worlds biggest clients. They require the assistance of a super star Community Manager to manage the social media for an upcoming live event campaign.
In addition to being sports mad, the successful candidate will have excellent copy writing skills and experience managing "real time" social media campaigns (Twitter in particular)
Interested? Email your resume and examples of your relevant social media work to Jessica Arestides - email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Get your Videos, Photos, Art, Writing and other creative talents out to the world and our Pedestrians
» Contact the Editor